Bär & Karrer Advised Coty Inc. on its Sale of a 60% Interest in its Professional and Retail Hair Business to KKR
Coty Inc. and KKR have entered into a strategic transaction for Coty Inc.'s Professional and Retail Hair business, including the Wella, Clairol, OPI and ghd brands, valuing the businesses at USD 4.3 billion on a cash- and debt-free basis. KKR will own 60% of this separately managed entity and Coty Inc. will own the remaining 40%.
Bär & Karrer acted as Swiss legal advisor to Coty Inc. The team included Christoph Neeracher, Thomas Rohde, Yves Suter and Li Wei Dutler (all M&A), Charles Gschwind (Real Estate), Laura Widmer (Employment), Ruth Bloch-Riemer and Angelica Schwarz (both Social Security & Pension), Rashid Bahar (Banking & Insurance), Tobias Rebmann (Competition Law) as well as Michael Rohrer and Anja Fuchs-Hodel (both Corporate & Commercial). Skadden acted as international legal advisor to Coty Inc. in this transaction.