Dr. Urs Kägi
Urs Kägi advises listed and non-listed companies on a broad range of corporate and regulatory matters. A main focus of his work is on M&A transactions (both in a domestic and a cross-border setup), including mergers, spin-offs, public offers, joint ventures, complex intra-group restructurings, relocations, as well as private equity and family succession transactions, on corporate restructurings of financially distressed companies, and on corporate governance (including "Minder"/compensation issues) and securities laws issues.
Urs has advised a number of Swiss blue chips and major multi-national clients. Apart from his transactional work, he provides ongoing corporate advice to a number of listed companies, including several Swiss-domiciled clients with a primary or secondary listing abroad. He has in-depth expertise of the financial services sector, in particular banking, insurance and stock exchanges. In the context of his expertise in connection with cross-border bank reorganizations and resolution actions, he has recently been invited to speak as a panelist by the Financial Stability Board's Legal Experts Group.
- Partner at Bär & Karrer (since 2014)
- University of Fribourg: Dr. iur. (2012); Peter-Jäggi-Award (for the best dissertation in the area of private law of the faculty of law of Fribourg); Professor-Walther-Hug-Award (for the best law dissertations in Switzerland); Joseph-Vigener-Award (for the best dissertations of the University of Fribourg)
- University of California at Berkeley (UC Berkeley): LL.M. (2011)
- Associate at Bär & Karrer (2005)
- Admitted to the Zurich Bar (2005)
- Trainee at Bär & Karrer (2003)
- University of St. Gallen: lic. iur. (2003)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Recognized Representative for the Listing of Securities at the SIX Swiss Exchange
- Co-editor of the law journal "Gesellschafts- und Kapitalmarktrecht (GesKR)"
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV/FSA)
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
- Swiss Lawyers Association (SJV)
All Swiss Courts