Employment, Migration & Social Security
Our employment law team advises corporate clients and high-level management employees on all matters relating to employment relationships, including employment contracts, incentive and participation plans, bonus schemes, termination of individual employment contracts, mass dismissals as well as all social security issues in a national and international context. We also assist our clients with regard to all employment related tax aspects.
With the increasing number of international headquarters migrating to Switzerland and the increasing need for international recruitments, work and residence permits have become a crucial part of personnel planning. Our specialized and well-experienced team assists our clients with regard to all administrative and legal aspects of work and residence permit applications.
Furthermore, we advise and represent our clients in labour law negotiations (including negotiations with labour unions), mediation sessions and all kinds of court litigations before Swiss courts and, together with correspondent law firms, before foreign courts and in multi-jurisdictional disputes.
We also provide assistance to our clients in all regulatory compliance matters and authority disputes including discrimination, whistleblowing issues, data protection and work place safety.
The scope of our work includes:
- Preparing and advising on standard and tailor made employment contracts
- Incentive and employee participation plans (including implementing such plans and tax advice)
- Bonus schemes
- Maternity/paternity queries
- Individual and mass dismissals
- Social security
- Tax advice
- Immigration (work and residence permits)
- Employment law mediation and litigation
- Regulatory compliance
- Discrimination issues
- Whistleblowing issues
- Data protection compliance (national and international)
- Work place safety standards
- Staff handbooks/policies/procedures
- HR issues in M&A and private equity transactions
- HR issues in insolvencies