"A go-to person for Swiss regulatory matters."
Legal 500 2013
"Recommended for regulation."
Legal 500 2016
Roland Truffer advises financial institutions, public companies and other business organizations in regulatory, corporate and commercial law matters. He specializes in regulatory obligations (with a focus on banking and insurance regulation, as well as issuers' and traders' regulation on the SIX Swiss Exchange), representing clients in regulatory and disciplinary proceedings, compliance matters, internal investigations and cases of business crime.
- Partner of Bär & Karrer (since 2005)
- University of Oxford (Trinity College): M.Jur. (2001)
- Associate at Bär & Karrer (1998)
- Admitted to the Zurich Bar (1998)
- Trainee at Bär & Karrer (1996-1997)
- University of Zurich: lic. iur. (1995)
- Junior Research Assistant to Prof. Dr. Markus Reich (1992-1994)
Memberships and Public Offices
- Zurich Bar Association (ZAV)
- Swiss Bar Association (SAV/FSA)
- SIX Swiss Exchange: Member of a panel of experts for the revision of the Listing Rules (2007-2008)
- Schweizerische Kriminalistische Gesellschaft
- The British-Swiss Chamber of Commerce
AdmissionAll Swiss Courts
Bär & Karrer AG
T: +41 58 261 50 00
F: +41 58 261 50 01