"a great ambassador for his firm, thanks to his unique mix of responsiveness, efficiency and humour"
COO Global Legal Group
"an innovator with an advanced understanding of thought leadership and brand positioning"
Relationship manager Thomson Reuters Legal
"his passion to raise the firm's profile by getting its lawyers in the spotlight is quite exceptional"
Senior Business Development Manager, Getting The Deal Through
"the firm has excellent lawyers, knowledge and knowledge management"
Chambers Europe 2012
Dr. Raffael Büchi
Head of Know-how & Business Development
Raffael Büchi is head of know-how and training/continuous education as well as business development at Bär & Karrer. He is responsible for the firm's know-how system, its publication strategy and for all the submissions for rankings and awards. Furthermore, he is a member of the steering committee of the Bär & Karrer College, the internal training program for associates the firm runs in co-operation with the University of St. Gallen (HSG). In the field of legal knowledge management he also advises clients of the firm and organizes workshops.
He regularly publishes on topics within his specialization. He is a speaker at the workshop series "Compliance in Action" of the ZHAW (Zurich School of Applied Science). On 18/19 January 2016 he will chair the international knowledge management conference "KM Legal Europe" in Amsterdam for the fourth time. Raffael Büchi was one of the Presiding Judges for the STEP Private Clients Awards 2015/16 (London, 8 September 2015). He was on the Panel of Experts for the 2016/17 STEP Private Client Awards.
- Responsible for know-how and business development (since 2008, Head of Know-how & Business Development since 2012)
- Head of Staff with Bär & Karrer (2008-2010)
- Corporate Counsel in the Legal M&A & Antitrust practice group of Novartis, responsible for Know-how Management in the respective fields (2007-2008)
- Secondment at UBS Investment Bank (January 2006 - June 2006)
- Associate at Bär & Karrer (2003-2007)
- Corporate Counsel at Clariant (2001-2003)
- University of Berne: Dr. iur. (2001)
- Research and Teaching Assistant to Prof. Dr. Roland von Büren (1999-2001)
- Admitted to the Berne Bar (1999)
AdmissionAll Swiss Courts
Dr. Raffael Büchi
Bär & Karrer AG
T: +41 58 261 56 60
F: +41 58 261 50 01
M: +41 79 590 36 79